Free
Anesthesiology Reflections from the Wood Library-Museum  |   March 2014
Dr. Paul Wood’s Academy of Anesthesiology “Active Membership” Certificate
Article Information
Anesthesiology Reflections from the Wood Library-Museum
Anesthesiology Reflections from the Wood Library-Museum   |   March 2014
Dr. Paul Wood’s Academy of Anesthesiology “Active Membership” Certificate
Anesthesiology 03 2014, Vol.120, 550. doi:10.1097/01.anes.0000444102.93618.2f
Anesthesiology 03 2014, Vol.120, 550. doi:10.1097/01.anes.0000444102.93618.2f
On “Ether Day’s Eve,” October 15, 1958, Dr. Paul M. Wood received Active Membership Certificate No. 21 (above) from The Academy of Anesthesiology. Founded by Mayo Clinic’s John S. Lundy, M.D., in 1929, as the Anaesthetists Travel Club, this organization of leading North American anesthesiologists met annually to update each other on advances in the art and science of anesthesiology. The Travel Club was resurrected, after a brief wartime lapse, as “The Academy of Anesthesiology” in 1952. The Academy continues today with active membership limited to 75 anesthesiologists. (Copyright © the American Society of Anesthesiologists, Inc.)
On “Ether Day’s Eve,” October 15, 1958, Dr. Paul M. Wood received Active Membership Certificate No. 21 (above) from The Academy of Anesthesiology. Founded by Mayo Clinic’s John S. Lundy, M.D., in 1929, as the Anaesthetists Travel Club, this organization of leading North American anesthesiologists met annually to update each other on advances in the art and science of anesthesiology. The Travel Club was resurrected, after a brief wartime lapse, as “The Academy of Anesthesiology” in 1952. The Academy continues today with active membership limited to 75 anesthesiologists. (Copyright © the American Society of Anesthesiologists, Inc.)
On “Ether Day’s Eve,” October 15, 1958, Dr. Paul M. Wood received Active Membership Certificate No. 21 (above) from The Academy of Anesthesiology. Founded by Mayo Clinic’s John S. Lundy, M.D., in 1929, as the Anaesthetists Travel Club, this organization of leading North American anesthesiologists met annually to update each other on advances in the art and science of anesthesiology. The Travel Club was resurrected, after a brief wartime lapse, as “The Academy of Anesthesiology” in 1952. The Academy continues today with active membership limited to 75 anesthesiologists. (Copyright © the American Society of Anesthesiologists, Inc.)
×
George S. Bause, M.D., M.P.H., Honorary Curator, ASA’s Wood Library-Museum of Anesthesiology, Park Ridge, Illinois, and Clinical Associate Professor, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio. UJYC@aol.com.
On “Ether Day’s Eve,” October 15, 1958, Dr. Paul M. Wood received Active Membership Certificate No. 21 (above) from The Academy of Anesthesiology. Founded by Mayo Clinic’s John S. Lundy, M.D., in 1929, as the Anaesthetists Travel Club, this organization of leading North American anesthesiologists met annually to update each other on advances in the art and science of anesthesiology. The Travel Club was resurrected, after a brief wartime lapse, as “The Academy of Anesthesiology” in 1952. The Academy continues today with active membership limited to 75 anesthesiologists. (Copyright © the American Society of Anesthesiologists, Inc.)
On “Ether Day’s Eve,” October 15, 1958, Dr. Paul M. Wood received Active Membership Certificate No. 21 (above) from The Academy of Anesthesiology. Founded by Mayo Clinic’s John S. Lundy, M.D., in 1929, as the Anaesthetists Travel Club, this organization of leading North American anesthesiologists met annually to update each other on advances in the art and science of anesthesiology. The Travel Club was resurrected, after a brief wartime lapse, as “The Academy of Anesthesiology” in 1952. The Academy continues today with active membership limited to 75 anesthesiologists. (Copyright © the American Society of Anesthesiologists, Inc.)
On “Ether Day’s Eve,” October 15, 1958, Dr. Paul M. Wood received Active Membership Certificate No. 21 (above) from The Academy of Anesthesiology. Founded by Mayo Clinic’s John S. Lundy, M.D., in 1929, as the Anaesthetists Travel Club, this organization of leading North American anesthesiologists met annually to update each other on advances in the art and science of anesthesiology. The Travel Club was resurrected, after a brief wartime lapse, as “The Academy of Anesthesiology” in 1952. The Academy continues today with active membership limited to 75 anesthesiologists. (Copyright © the American Society of Anesthesiologists, Inc.)
×